Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Teaser Tuesday 23.7.2013

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lista if they like your teasers!


My teaser brings you a piece of Stone Age feminism from p. 7 of Stone Spring by Stephen Baxter. Stone Spring is the first book of Baxter's Northland series.

'In my country the women get out of the way of the men, who own the houses.'
'This isn't your country, and I thank the mothers for that.'

5 comments:

Creations by Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Fascinating! Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

Sonia Lal said...

I totally agree with whoever said the second line. Grateful indeed.

mine: http://storytreasury.wordpress.com/2013/07/22/teaser-tuesday-replica/

Colline said...

What a controversial statement! Now I am curious to know the environment in which it was said.

кєяo said...

Like your teaser. I have never had a blogger friend from Finland. Hope you're doing well. *waves*
Thanks for stopping by my blog.
Kero

SiMo Abkal said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.